Gurgaon: Class 9 student electrocuted while returning home from school, family alleges negligence

A Class 9 student died after he was allegedly electrocuted in Sohna on Friday. According to police, the incident took place around 2.30 pm when the boy, Yaman Kumar (14), was returning to his house in Kiranj village, Nuh, from school. His family alleged that he came in contact with two coolers kept outside a house on the road.
Vinod said his son was rushed to a nearby private hospital by passersby, which referred him to the civil hospital in Sohna. He alleged, “At the civil hospital, no doctor was present in the emergency ward. He kept lying there for 25 minutes, waiting for someone to attend to him. By the time I reached the hospital, he had died… He died due to negligence of the house owner, who had put a cooler on the road, and because he could not get treatment in time. Action should be taken against the doctor at the civil hospital who was on duty.”
In the police complaint, the boy’s family alleged that a nurse had attended to the boy in the emergency ward, but no doctor was present and 25 minutes later, the nurse informed them that the boy had died.
Naval Kishore, senior medical officer, Sohna civil hospital, denied allegations of negligence on part of hospital authorities. “The boy was declared brought dead at the hospital. The staff was present at the hospital at the time of the incident,” he said.
Dr Virender Yadav, chief medical officer, Gurgaon, said, “No complaint has been reported to us in this regard. If a complaint is received, then an enquiry shall be conducted accordingly.”